Monday, September 21, 2009

Lea pt 4

Friday, I met a beautiful woman. I seem to have a habit of meeting beautiful women lately. I met her at Karaoke at the local dive bar. Her best friend runs the karaoke there sometimes. I must have seen at least six guys walk up to her and lay their game. I must have seen at least six guys get met with polite indifference. When she looked at me, I saw a friendly face. I felt as if she should be familiar to me. Indeed, she does resemble several women that I have known in the past. Not Lea. No, she is physically set completely apart from my memories of Lea. Lea was tall, where Tracy is petite. Lea had very rounded facial features, while Tracy has very finely sculpted, polish facial features. They're both tom-boys, but I love a woman that wants to go fishing. I miss fishing.
Tracy certainly has an energy about her that I find irresistible. So did someone else though.
"I don't want to hear about your adventures. I wish that I could lock you away in a tower until I get home."
Lea wrote that in a letter to me from Ecuador. That was almost two months after she had left. She and I agreed that while separated by so much distance, it would be unfair to expect either of us, given our proclivities, to wait for the other. I am sure that she took lovers while abroad. She alluded to doing so many an occasion before she left. I also took lovers. I started dating. I told Lea about this. I told her about these girls that had captured my attention. I wanted her to know what was going on in my life. I told her everything. I told her about my work. I told her about problems at home. I told her how I was doing in school. Most often, I told her how much I missed her, and how quickly I would leave all the distractions behind me for her. I wanted her to know that I wanted to be part of her life, and that I needed her to be part of mine. I'm getting ahead of myself again. I suppose it doesn't really matter what order I tell the story in here. I don't remember things in order anyway. I have to write them down and put them in linear order. I'm not doing that with this. I don't think that I can or should.
There were several nights after bowling that instead of spending time with my friends, I went and spent time with Lea. Lea wanted to get into agriculture. I believe I remember her talking about some new kind of fertilizer that she had the idea for. I wonder if she ever got that together. I hope that she did. That would be a good thing for her.
The night before she left for Ecuador, Lea made certain to spend it with me. She had arrainged for her going away party to be the week before in order to ensure that we had our night. She made official goodbyes to her family the day before. We made love twice that night. Lea promised me anything that I wanted. Maybe I could have asked her to stay. I don't know. I think that it would have been a bad idea. I knew how much it meant to Lea to be going abroad to further her studies and broaden her horizons. I couldn't imagine even trying to take that away from her. I loved her far too much not to let her go.
I asked that she keep in contact with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment